I had a sleeve gastrectomy on February 7, 2017. I lost 70 kilos...Read more
By Bahar Ozbal • Medical review by Tamer Sakrak, MD on March 08, 2021
What is Post Bariatric Surgery ?
What Is A Post-Bariatric Surgery?
People who deal with overweight problems try to lose weight in traditional ways before considering surgery. When they decide that these methods are useless for their situation, they consult a doctor. If they are good candidates for bariatric surgery, they undergo an operation to fix their metabolism.
People who have bariatric surgery start to lose weight immediately after the surgery. Every individual has a different pace of losing weight, but eventually, they lose weight in 1 to 3 years. The need for post-bariatric surgery shows up here. People who lose almost half of their body weight in time need to remove their excess skin from their bodies. Plastic surgeons do that for them with post-bariatric surgeries.
How Much is a Post-Bariatric Surgery in Turkey?
Does Insurance Coverage Apply to Post-Bariatric Surgery?
Are there any risks or side effects of Post-Bariatric Surgery?
- When coming out of general anesthesia: dizziness, nausea, and fatigue
- Unexpected scarring
- Tissue damage and changes in skin sensation
How Painful Is A Post-Bariatric Surgery?
What Parts Of The Body Can Post-Bariatric Surgery Treat?
Who is a Suitable Candidate for Post-Bariatric Surgery?
How long does it take to recover from bariatric surgery?
If the surgeon doesn't perform all of the necessary surgeries at once and does the surgeries separately, each surgery will require a different recovery period.
What To Expect After Post-Bariatric Surgery?
How To Prevent Loose Skin After Bariatric Surgery?
Post-Bariatric Surgery In Turkey
The Advantages of Post-Bariatric Surgery in Turkey
- There are many skilled surgeons in the country. These surgeons have deep knowledge in their fields.
- Most of the health facilities in the country are high-quality, world-class places.
- Post-bariatric plastic surgery is performed very often in the country.
- The prices are more affordable than any other European or American state. Post-bariatric surgery cost is less than in many foreign countries.
- There are many historical places to visit in the country.
- Turkish cuisine is worldwide famous. Most people have a great desire to taste Turkish food when they visit the country for having a post-bariatric surgery.
The Advantages of Post-Bariatric Surgery in İstanbul
- İstanbul is one of the most developed cities in the world. It is the most crowded city in the country. Beyond being crowded, it is a city of opportunities.
- Having a post-bariatric surgery in İstanbul is a good choice.
- Because it is the heart of the country, most of the well-known surgeons live in this marvelous city.
- Many of the hospitals and health facilities in the city are world-class. The staff who work in the health facilities are well-educated, and they can speak at least one foreign language.
- İstanbul is a center of cultural and historical places. Even sightseeing tours are enough to embrace the magic of the city.
- Most of the best cooks also live in the city. Because of this fact, İstanbul is considered one of the centers of gastronomy in the country.
Written on 23/02/2018
Last Update: 27/03/2023
Post Bariatric Surgery Before & After Photos