The only clinic in Izmir where I was very, very pleased with my...Read more
What is Thread Lift ?
Thread lift is a cosmetic procedure, that uses a dissolvable suture, for to lift the sagging skin and tighten the face.
The PDO thread lift works with the same aim but differs with the usage of biodegradable polyester suture. Polydioxanone (PDO) sutures are the best suited equipment for rejuvenating the skin.
Thread lifting with polydioxanone (PDO) sutures helps to lift the lax tissue and repositions the face contour for a youthful looking.
How Much Does PDO Thread Lift Cost in Turkey?
PDO Thread Lift cost in Turkey varies between $500 - $3,000. This amount is approximately %30 cheaper than any other European country. The PDO Thread Lift cost in Turkey changes due to the location and the qualifications of the practitioner. Most of the clinics in Turkey offers all inclusive packages which may be a great advantage for the ones who is planning a trip just for the procedure.
The Difference Between a Thread Lift and Surgical Facelift
Both Surgical Facelift and Thread Lift are the procedures that lifts and tightens facial tissue. But they have differences between each other;
Thread Lift is a minimally and less invasive alternative to Surgical Facelift.
The results of "Thread Lift" lasts around 2 years while a Surgical Facelift is a more permanent solution (results will last 7-10 years or more)
Thread Lift is performed around $700-$4500 (global average) while the Surgical Facelift is performed around $8000 and $12000 (global average).
What is The Best Thread Lift Procedure?
Thread Lift cosmetic procedures are developing day by day. The aim in each of the innovative procedures is to create results that lasts longer.
French hanger face lift is one of the most popular method of thread lift cosmetic procedures. French hanger face lift is a highly successful method that has long-lasting results. French hanger face lift targets to reconstruct and lift the facial lines, lip, nose, jaw, and neck region lines.
The 6D Platinum Laser procedure is performed to eliminate lines and wrinkles, lift the cheeks, open up the eyes and get glowing skin. The 6D Platinum Laser is a painless treatment which is performed between 60-90 minutes and the healing with little to no downtime.
Spider Web aesthetics is one of the most effective face lift treatment that helps to improve skin rejuvenation without surgery. The most benefit part of this treatment is it allows a quick return to daily activities including the putting on a make up afterwards the procedure.
What Happens During a Thread Lift Procedure?
Thread lift is the procedure, performed with the help of temporary sutures that produces a visible "lift" in the skin. During the procedure the surgeon will apply local anesthesia and passes the threads beneath the skin. The procedure requires no incisions. There will be only entry points for the threads. Besides the lifting effect thread lift also activates collagen supplies that helps to keep the skin strong, voluminous and supple.
What Are The Pros and Cons of a PDO Thread Lift?
Pros Of The PDO Thread Lift:
1. PDO thread lift is a quick procedure that takes less than an hour.
2. PDO thread lift procedure requires no deep cut. As it is performed minimally invasive, the risk of scarring or infection are lower than face lift surgery.
3. Done under local anesthesia.
4. Recovery after PDO thread lift is quick. It takes a week for the redness or swelling to heal. When compared with face lift surgery this period is really short.
5. As we said before PDO thread lift is a minimall invasive procedure. This means the pain during and after the procedure will be comparatively less.
6. PDO thread lift allows more than an area to get the treatment. Areas around the eyes, the jaw, cheeks and cheekbones can be all treated.
Cons Of The PDO Thread Lift:
1. PDO thread lift is a short term treatment. The effects of PDO thread lift lasts between six months to two years.
2. The effectiveness of the treatment is limited. PDO thread lift procedure is more effective on the individuals who are 35-55 age group.
3. The PDO thread lift is classified in surgical process group. Although it is performed minimal invasively, there is still invasive which means it carries the risk of infection, bruising, temporary discomfort, rippling off the skin and temporary numbness.
Does Thread Lift Cause Any Pain?
Thread Lift procedure is performed with low-traumatic methods which makes the procedure considered relatively painless.
Are There Any Scars?
There is virtually no risk of scarring after thread lift procedure.
Risk and Side EffectsPossible thread lift risks are rare but possible;
- Difficulty opening the mouth is a temporary side effect of thread lift,
- There may be extrusion of a thread
- Infection may be seen on the entry points for the threads
- A persistent pain,
- Sensitivity to sun or other bright light,
- Swelling and bruising.
Who's a Good Candidate For a Thread Lift?
Typically 55 or younger are ideal candidates for a thread lift procedure.
The individuals who has a sagging skin in certain areas are ideal candidates for a thread lift procedure.
The individuals who are not interested in face lift surgery or the ones who things surgery is not suitable for them may also consider to get thread lift treatment.
Please note; individuals with loose skin in excessive areas must consider face lift surgery.
What Should You Expect During PDO Thread Lift Recovery?
During the healing process from PDO thread lift, the individuals may experience mild swelling, bruising, or tenderness at the suture sites. These are the minimal side effects of the procedure and will be resolve within about 3-5 days.
After PDO thread lift procedure most of the individuals may to work with in 1-2 days.
The results of PDO thread lift surgery will be be noticeable after the swelling subsides and the tissues heal completely. This takes around a few weeks.
The Advantages Of PDO Thread Lift in Turkey?
There are many advantages of PDO Thread Lift in Turkey. Turkey with its strategic location is easy to access from both Europe and Asia. The flights are cheap, the accommodation even in 5 star or up hotels are affordable. The prices of cosmetic procedures when compared with the European clinics, offers best treatment to less costs. Beside the budget friendly prices Turkey is a very beautiful country where the combine of the cultures can be explored.
PDO Thread Lift in Turkey is performed with high success rates. The rate of complications and the downtime of tPDO Thread Lift in Turkey is low, which means the individuals may enjoy their visiting time in Turkey.
The physicians in Turkey have complete knowledge of the facial anatomy, this is a great advantage for enhancing and improving results.
Written on 31/07/2019
Last Update: 27/06/2022
Thread Lift Before & After Photos
Before & After
Before & After