Thinking of Having a Hair Transplant in Turkey? Then This Information is For You
Turkey is among the most preferred countries for foreign patients in terms of plastic surgery and especially hair transplantation.
A foreign patient researching hair transplantation always questions what to consider when traveling, what are the risks of this type of treatment, and what to do to maximize the chance of a safe and effective operation.
We asked Emphair Hair Transplantation Center what foreign patients should pay attention to before having a hair transplant:
“Health tourism is up $10.1 billion in 2020 with an estimated average annual growth of 12.1% between 2021 and 2027. Moreover, it is clearly shown in the reports that hair transplantation plays an important role in this rise.
In fact, some reports emphasize that many men and women prefer Turkey for plastic surgery and hair transplantation during quarantine.
Moreover, with the easing of quarantine restrictions and allowing travel abroad, more and more people have discovered the option to have their hair transplant done abroad, and are especially choosing Turkey.
We Know That There are Many Good Clinics in the World That Do Hair Transplantation. So Which One is the Right Choice?
Unfortunately, in some countries, false promises are also made to take advantage of the trend that promises low prices and guaranteed results.
Hair transplantation is a safe and effective solution for hair loss when performed by a properly trained doctor, hair transplant specialist and team.
In order to be able to manage the hair transplantation process before and after and the foreign patient does not feel lonely even when he returns to his country, he must do his research well.
Therefore, we can summarize 4 tips to help you determine the right hair transplant center:
4 Tips for Foreigners Who Want to Have a Hair Transplant in Turkey:
1. Avoid hair transplant centers that offer scarless surgery. There will always be some scarring even if it is well hidden.
2. Ask for clarification on how the scalp is anesthetized before the hair transplant is done.
3. Be careful with clinics that offer maximum, unlimited, or exaggerated graft numbers. Because performing such a large number of grafts in a single session carries significant risks.
4. Be wary of clinics that offer hair transplants as part of a package along with other aesthetic procedures such as “teeth whitening”.
10 Questions to be Questioned by Foreigners Who Want to Have a Hair Transplant in Turkey:
1. Before hair transplantation, ask if you will meet with the specialist who will perform the application.
2. Ask who the hair transplant specialist is, what their qualifications and experience are, and make sure to verify it by doing research.
3. Ask who will be responsible for the procedure and find out who will do which parts of the hair transplant. Because hair transplantation is a team work and the whole team must be good.
4. Inquire whether the hair transplant center is registered with a health institution.
5. Find out what language the doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals caring for you will use and what language your medical notes will be in.
6. Find out if there are any hidden costs, will you pay anything other than the agreed price?
7. If serious complications arise during the procedure, how will the clinic deal with this emergency?
8. When will you return to your country? How many days do you need to stay in Turkey?
9. Will there be a team member to answer any questions you may have during your recovery period after returning to your country?
10. Apart from all these, you can take a look at the following page to review the questions asked and the answers given about hair transplantation in Newlyme.
Get more information about Hair Transplant
Written on 16/09/2022
Last Update: 16/09/2022